This Gift Pack of our Ready-to-Eat cheeses makes the perfect gift or is an ideal way to explore some of our fresh and aged cheeses! Choose 2 cheeses from:
– Provola Riserva – A 6-month aged version of our popular Provola. Our curd is hand-stretched by our cheesemakers, then brined and hung in our aging cave for at least 6 months. The extended aging process removes excess moisture, resulting in smooth, firm consistency and a sharp, tangy flavor. A great slice-and-eat cheese or perfect on a sandwich! Approx. 8oz.
– Provola Piccante Riserva – Certified Calabrian Peperoncino flakes are incorporated into our Provola during the stretching process before brining, and then the cheese is aged in our cave for at least 6 months. A sharp tangy cheese with a kick! Approx. 8oz.
– “Tome” for the Holidays – This treat for the holiday season is a cooked, pressed-curd cheese made with the freshest raw milk from our family dairy farms in the Tome style. This cheese takes on a straw-colored paste and rind with a rich savory flavor following 6 months in our aging cave. Approx. 4oz.
– Fresh Fior di Latte (cow’s milk mozzarella) – Hand-stretched cow’s milk mozzarella, made in the traditional Italian style without any vinegar or citric acid. The result is a rich, creamy taste unlike any other mozzarella sold in stores. Perfect for a seasonal caprese, baked pasta, or on pizza! Approx. 8oz.
– Fresh Ricotta (whey-based) – Perfect in a cannoli or just on its own for a protein-packed snack, this is not the same product as the milk-based ricotta you find in the supermarket! Our ricotta is made by harvesting the whey from our cheesemaking and re-cooking (ricotta is Italian for “re-cooked”!) it to create this soft, custard-like cheese. It’s smooth texture and delicious flavor make it perfect for both sweet and savory applications. (1-1.25 lbs. per basket)
– Included in all Gift Packs: Homemade Pepper Jelly! Made from sweet bell peppers & the perfect accompaniment to any of our cheeses!
**As available – substitutions may be made if one of these cheeses is out of stock.
Caputo Brothers Creamery uses only Animal Welfare Approved, non-GMO feed, pasture-based milk from local, family-owned dairy farms. We are committed to paying a fair price to farmers for the high quality milk they produce! All of our cheeses are naturally fermented, made without vinegar or citric acid.