This may occur in some shipping scenarios. The frozen bricks we use in your packaging keeps the cheese cool through most of shipping process, but may become warm near the end of its journey. Please place the cheese in refrigeration (or freezer, for our frozen mozzarella curd) as soon as it arrives. As a naturally fermented product, most of our cheeses can last days without refrigeration.
In general, the following applies for the shelf life of our various cheeses (other than the curd, we do not recommend freezing any of our cheeses):
- Mozzarella Curd - ships frozen, and can stay in your freezer for up to a year!
- Aged Cheeses (Provolone, Beer Cheeses, etc.) - 3 months refrigerated. Once opened, store wrapped in plastic wrap. Some natural mold can be expected - this can be wiped off with a damp towel.
- Fresh Mozzarella - 1 week refrigerated, keep wrapped in plastic wrap.
- Fresh Cheeses (Smoked Mozz, Fior di Pizza) - both will have an expiration date on the packaging (about 30 days from production). Wrap in plastic wrap after opening.
- Fresh Ricotta & Cannoli Filling - about 3 weeks from when it is produced, stored in the refrigerator (they will have an expiration date stamped on the packaging)
Yes, all of our cheeses go through a low-temperature pasteurization on-site in our creamery.
We use only Animal Welfare Approved, non-GMO feed, pasture-based milk from local, family-owned dairy farms.
It's ok! Don't worry and don't throw your cheese away! Mold is a part of the aging process on these natural cheeses. All you need to do is simply trim away any mold, or you can wipe off with a damp cloth or paper towel.
They are not - we use animal rennet in our cheeses.
We don’t have nutritional information available for our products. Because we don’t standardize our milk or whey, that nutritional information would change greatly from season to season and even batch to batch, and the laboratory testing, labeling, etc. is a very expensive process. But as a general rule, our mozzarella is a full fat (at least 4%) cheese and our ricotta is a ’skimmed’ cheese. Both are high in protein and lower in carbs than their commodity counterparts because they are fermented which removes the sugar.
We do! Please send us a message or call our main line at 717-739-1091 and we can get you pricing and shipment information!
All orders are shipped via FedEx from our location in Spring Grove, within 3 business days of your order. Shipping time depends on your order (Mozzarella curd is frozen, so they ship FedEx 2-day or less with dry ice. Fresh Ricotta & aged cheeses are shipped 2-day)
Our aged cheeses & fresh ricotta can be shipped anywhere in the U.S. Mozzarella curd can be shipped anywhere in the U.S. except AK & HI (due to the dry ice in the shipment).
This is a perishable product, therefore we do not accept returns. If there is an issue, we request that you contact us directly using our Contact Us form, and we will handle all issues on a case by case basis.