How it Works
Your Virtual Class experience includes:
- Our handmade, cultured mozzarella curd, shipped frozen (please freeze upon arrival).
- Emailed to you*:
- Instructions on what you'll need at home for the class (salt, spoon, bowls, etc.)
- Link to a password-protected page of our website with your on-demand class to enjoy a mozzarella lesson and stretch-along with owner and mozzarella expert Rynn Caputo!
Once you receive your kit, access the website at your leisure and enjoy your class, stretching your way to the most delicious, flavorful mozzarella you’ve ever tasted!
*All information will be sent to the shipping address and email provided, including shipment tracking information. Please monitor your spam folder for any correspondence.
When will I receive my kit?
- Orders will ship within 3 business days. You will receive a shipment notification & tracking number via email when your order has shipped. Please note:
- We are unable to accommodate requests for specific shipping dates or a change in shipping address once your order has already shipped.
- Cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
- Orders for multiple products will ship separately and possibly on different dates.
How soon do I need to watch the video and use my kit?
- The curd will be shipped to you on dry ice (it’s ok if slightly thawed upon arrival), and should be stored in the freezer when it arrives. It will need to be thawed before using (either in the refrigerator overnight or in a bowl of cold water on the countertop). As this is a naturally fermented product, once thawed, it should be used the same day for best stretching results (upon thawing, the fermentation process continues and will alter the outcome of your stretching.)
Can I give this as a gift?
- Yes! Just put the recipient’s address in the shipping information, and let them know to look out for the delivery! Please note that all notifications will be sent to the email address provided during checkout - please forward any pertinent information to your gift recipient if you choose to enter your own email.
How long will the mozzarella be good for, and how much will I be able to make?
- Fresh mozzarella is best enjoyed the day it’s made! You can store it in water for up to 24 hours, where it will be fantastic in all fresh applications like Caprese Salad. After the 24 hours, remove it from the water and wrap tightly in plastic - the cheese will dry out a little, but at that point would be perfect for pizza, grilled cheese, or baked into a pasta dish like lasagna! Each pound of curd yields about a pound of finished cheese.
What is curd?
- They are the solids that remain after the milk is coagulated and the whey is removed. Curd simply means “unfinished cheese.” In cheddar, for example, it would mean that the curds have not been pressed or aged. In the case of mozzarella it means that the curds have not yet been stretched.
What does ‘cultured’ mean?
- This means we make our cheeses in the traditional way, using cultures - or bacteria - to start a natural fermentation process. This is different from the industrial cheesemakers who use vinegar or citric acid to coagulate the milk to make it appear to look like cheese (thereby leaving a high level of lactose in the cheese).
Are your cheeses pasteurized?
- Yes, all of our cheeses are pasteurized at a low temperature to preserve the quality and natural flora of the milk as much as possible. By federal law any cheese aged less than 60 days must be pasteurized.