Cannoli from Sicily (traditionally made with ricotta di Pecora - sheep's milk ricotta) is one of the things that inspired us to become cheesemakers! You haven't had a cannoli until you've had one made with traditional ricotta! Enjoy in a cannoli shell or on its own! You can even serve with pieces of pizzelle cookies for a sweet “chips & dip," or we love creating a toppings bar for a fun party dessert!
- 1 basket Caputo Brothers Creamery Ricotta
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- pinch of fine sea salt
- Cannoli shells
- chocolate chips (chopped pistachio optional, sprinkles, etc...)
- Turn the basket of fresh ricotta into your food processor.
- Add ¼ cup powdered sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Blend for several minutes until smooth.
- Add more sugar or salt if desired.
- Spoon into a piping bag, and pipe into cannoli shell, ensuring there is filling all the way through and out the ends.
- Dip each end in chocolate chips (or one in chips, one in pistachio), then dust with powdered sugar (if serving immediately).