Sfoglia di Mozzarella ("sheet" of mozzarella)
Ingredients to serve 10:
- 2 lbs Caputo Brothers Creamery CapoMozz Curds
- Toppings of choice (see below)
- Stretch Caputo Brothers Creamery CapoMozz curds according to instructions.
- When cheese is very stretchy and ready for shaping, place onto a cookie sheet and stretch out like pizza dough, as if you were making a pizza.
- You’ve completed the hardest part! Now, it’s just like topping a pizza
- You can start by spreading a “sauce” if you like - tomato, or perhaps honey, a jam, a chutney, etc…. Or maybe just olive oil
- Now toppings...make a salad with lettuce and tomato...pepper jam and pulled pork…roasted peppers and olives…prosciutto di parma, arugula and parmigiano reggiano cheese...the world is your oyster!
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the entire sheet, toppings and all, as tight as is reasonable. By the end, you will have a rollup of mozzarella (much like a pumpkin roll).
- Slicing 1-2 inch sections, you will serve everyone a pinwheel of “salad wrapped in a cheese jacket”, or whatever your toppings happen to be. This can an antipasto, or a standalone lunch depending on how robust your fillings are.