has taken over social media, we just want to let you know you can make this super easy, one hour recipe with our Ricotta
Ingredients (serves 4 - 5):
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 basket of Caputo Brothers Creamery Ricotta
- 2 Tbsp Salumeria Biellese Nduja
- ½ cup basil, loosely packed
- Wine for optional deglazing (or just to drink)
- 1 lb. (450g) rigatoni or your choice of pasta
- Your favorite topping cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano, pecorino, ricotta salata, etc.)
1) Preheat oven to 400 ° F
2) Combine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper in a cooking dish. Make a sort of nest in the middle and place the full form of ricotta there. Bake for 45 minutes or until vegetables gain a dark color, and ricotta turns golden brown along the edges. Turn the dish halfway through.
3) With 15 minutes left, add the Nduja and return to the oven to finish cooking. Additionally, this is a good spot to get your pasta boiling. Save a half cup of the pasta water!
4) After cooking, remove the vegetable/ricotta pot from the oven. Carefully take out the ricotta and set aside, keeping it in one piece. Also remove the cloves of garlic, mash into a paste, and return to the pot. Add loosely torn basil to the vegetables.
(Optional step) Add a splash of table wine (white or red), deglaze the pot, and place in oven for 5 - 10 minutes to remove alcohol.
5) Add cooked pasta to the vegetables and mix with pasta water and your preferred topping cheese until nice and saucy.
6) Transfer pasta to a serving dish. Top with ricotta, finely chopped basil, olive oil, freshly ground pepper, and more cheese to your liking. Buon Appetito!