Antipasti · Beer Cheese ·
Beer Cheese Fondue
Who doesn't love melty, cheesy fondue!? A perfect appetizer, game day snack (great with hard pretzels!) or great for a snow day! For a full demonstration on how it's made, watch this video from our friends at PAEats.com!
Ingredients (serves 2-4):
- 250 grams Troegenator Double Bock beer (Troegs Independent Brewing, Hershey, PA)
- 300 grams Troegenator Beer Cheese
- 200 grams Mozzarella Curd
- 10 grams of Sodium Citrate (natural sour salt harvested from citrus; we prefer to use Modern Pantry brand)
- Grate the Troegenator Beer Cheese into a bowl.
- Crumble the Mozzarella Curd into the bowl with the grated beer cheese.
- Gently mix the two cheeses together by hand.
- Combine Troegenator beer with sodium citrate in a pot over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Using a whisk and stirring constantly, slowly add the cheeses into the beer until the cheese begins to melt and starts to form the fondue.
- Optional: For a smoother texture, remove the fondue from heat and use an immersion blender for a few minutes.
- Fondue can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week, simply reheat and stir.
photo credit: PAeats.com