Our fresh ricotta, baked in a hot oven until the crust becomes a deep golden brown with a crumbly center. Creates a wonderful appetizer and it couldn’t be simpler! Especially because you can have our ricotta delivered right to your front door! Order online here.
Ricotta Infornata (Baked Ricotta)
- 1 basket of Caputo Brothers Creamery ricotta
- Your choice of toppings/accompaniments
- Preheat your oven to 500°F (or as high as your oven will go…you can even use a pizza oven (woodburning oven, outdoor oven, or similar)
- Choose your cooking vessel (line with parchment paper or very lightly oil the bottom of the pan - either are optional, but recommended to make cleanup easier):
- Flip/turn out the ricotta basket onto the cooking vessel
- Place into the hot oven, baking for about 30-45 minutes (depending on your oven temperature), until the cheese develops a robust toasted look and crust
- Remove from oven and serve, topped or accompanied by:
- Honey, Dried fruits and nuts, Jams, Pepper Jam!
- Sautéed onions, chopped sundried tomatoes, chopped olives, extra virgin olive oil